Janitor Custodian/Part Time
At the Cultural Park Theater in Cape Coral, Florida, we are committed to creating a community that fosters equity of experience and opportunity, and ensures that volunteers and staff of all backgrounds feel safe, welcome and included. Our culture of openness, freedom and belonging make it a special place for everyone.
Follow routine cleaning and maintenance procedures to maintain a high standard of safety, cleanliness and efficiency of building operations and grounds.
Ability to read and understand instructions for cleaning, maintenance and safety procedures
Knowledge of minor repair techniques
Ability to operate cleaning equipment and lift as necessary
Ability to properly handle cleaning supplies
Physical ability to perform duties (Lifting up to 50 pounds required)
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Maintaining a cleaning schedule that will include cleaning of floors, wastebaskets, windows, furniture, equipment and restrooms
- Keep theater, including lobby, restrooms, main theater, dressing rooms and office areas neat and clean
- Comply with local laws and procedures for storage and disposal of trash
- Assist in maintaining an inventory of cleaning supplies and equipment and request additional supplies as needed
- Follow established safety procedures and techniques to perform job duties, including lifting, climbing, etc.
- Correct unsafe conditions in theater area and report any conditions that are not correctable to Executive Director immediately.
- Report accident to Executive Director
- Follow all safety procedures of the Cultural Park Theater
Wet mop bucket and dry vacuum cleaner
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Working Conditions:
Frequent walking, standing, climbing and light lifting and carrying. Exposure to dust, cleaning chemicals and materials.
To Apply, please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org